- Marie Canieso (B.S. 2016) did research in our lab on cell walls of green aglae and helped to keep our lab in tip top shape. She is heading to Medical School! Congratulations!
- Karolina Fučíková (Ph.D. and Postdoctoral Associate). Heading to an Assistant Professorship at Assumption College in Worchester MA. Congrats!
- Stephanie Brew (B.S. 2015) worked in our lab for 2 years and graduated in 2015. Congratulations!
- Diba Khan-Bureau received her Ph.D. in 2015. Congratulations! She continues her position at Three Rivers Community College.
- Dr. Shin Watanabe (University of Toyama) was here the summer of 2014.
- Crystal Xue worked in our lab to characterize the green algae that symbiose with spotted salamanders in the egg stage. She earned her B.S. in Spring 2014. She is headed to Med School. Congrats!
- Shelley Olm (Research Associate) was an important part of our lab for over 10 years and departed in July 2013.
- Molly Letsch (Ph.D. 2011). Molly is an adjunct faculty member in Biological Sciences at Le Moyne College. Congrats!
- Nic Tippery (University of Wisconsin) was a Postdoctoral Researcher on the GrAToL (Green Algae Tree of Life) project in 2010-2011. Now he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.
- Chien Lo just graduated with her Pharm.D. degree at Uconn. She did extensive work on South African soil algae in our lab.
- Dr. T.A. Adesalu “Bose” (University of Lagos, Department of Botany and Microbiology) visited during September-November 2010.
- Andreas Holzinger (University of Innsbruck, Institute of Botany) was here for a short visit in August 2010.
- Elizabeth Salinas (Ph.D. student with Dr. Diego González Halphen, UNAM) visited for 4 months in 2010, to interact with us on a project investigating the architecture of mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase 2 genes in green algae.
- Jared Rada (Undergraduate Student in Biology), is in dental school.
- Susan Brawley (Univ. of Maine Orono), July 2009.
- Valerie R. Flechtner (Emeritus Professor, Department of Biology, John Carroll University) visited our lab in 2007, 2008, and early summer 2009.
- Nicole Piatt (Undergraduate Student EEB) worked in our lab for 2 years. She is at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry.
- Nicole Pietrasiak visited in 2007, 2008, 2010. She is an Assistant Professor at New Mexico State University!
- Miracle Tali (NSF REU and NEAGEP Student from ASCC).
- Hilary McManus (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Ph.D. student 2001-2007) now an Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biology, at LeMoyne College in Syracuse NY.
- Dennis Gray (Postdoctoral Associate 2005-2006).
- David Hoover (BS 2003, MS in the Integrative Geosciences Program at Uconn) received his Ph.D. from Colorado State University, Fort Collins, working at the SGS-LTER.
- Karen Erickson (Research Associate): currently a Research Associate at Connecticut College.
- Jarmila Holkova (former student)
- Gizele Richards (BS 2003): currently pursuing a graduate degree in Environmental and Resource Policy at George Washington University.
- Brad Goupil (BS 2003): earned a BS/MS in Biodiversity and Conservation Biology.